Edward Maldonado, BROKER, REALTOR.
If you had a $500,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $500,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk,
it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional
assistance of a REALTOR®*.
A real estate transaction is one of the biggest financial investments you will experience in your lifetime, yet many home buyers think they an manage this process without the advice of a professional. If you’re still not convinced of the value of working with a real estate agent, here are five great reasons that may change your mind:
1. As a Realtor I have many resources to assist you in your home search. With so much information on consumer-direct websites like Zillow, buyers often think – in error – that they have the same information as a Realtor – but that is far from true. I have the tools and industry relationships to investigate and find all available properties – including those not available to the public. I often have early access to new listings, “coming soon” and “quiet” listings not available to you without the assistance of a professional Realtor. In a competitive home buying market, that advance knowledge may be the difference between getting the home you want, or missing the opportunity.
2. There are many negotiating factors when buying a home, including price, deposits, date of possession. inclusion or exclusions, and repairs or corrections prior to settlement. As your agent – with more than 10 years of experience in Main Line real estate – I’m here to manage the buying process from beginning to end. Your well-intended friend may give you advice based on his or her experience buying one or two homes in the past 10 years – but I have successfully managed more than $85 million dollars of transactions in that same time frame. Whose advice and experience do you think will be more valuable?
3. I can provide objective information about each property. I have access to a variety of informational resources, including zoning, schools, flood zones, possible changes in local development, etc. I can share my knowledge and expertise about sales trends in local neighborhoods, and help you take advantage of opportunities that you may not be aware of – and just as important – avoid possible problems or pitfalls that you were not aware of.
4. As your agent, I can guide you through necessary due diligence. This could include inspections for termites, water damage, faulty structure, roof condition, on-site well and septic testing, just to name a few. Thousands of dollars in costly repairs or corrections may be at issue – and you should have a professional on your side with the experience and perspective to guide and advise you.
5. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), MANY questions will arise. I will guide you from the offer through negotiations, inspections and ultimately to the closing process and make sure everything flows smoothly – including coordinating with the title and mortgage companies. The details of the title and mortgage processes are a mystery to most buyers, and the required paperwork can be overwhelming, but this is part of my expertise. I’ll be your resource to help resolve issues and move the transaction to smooth settlement.